Defense for Theft Crimes in Dallas, TX
The team of theft defense lawyers at Estrada & Puente, P.L.L.C. in Dallas, TX brings years of experience to the courtroom to provide superior legal counsel for individuals in the community. Theft crimes can range from Class C misdemeanors to first-degree felonies depending on the crime a person is accused of and the value of the theft. Whether the total value is less than $20 or exceeds $200,000, ensuring you have a legitimate and qualified defense team in your corner is essential to avoiding the most severe consequences of the charges. Contact us today so we can work on getting you the best outcome for your case.
Types of Theft Crimes in Texas
Whether the charges stem from issuing bad checks, not paying for a service, dealing in stolen property, deception, or shoplifting, theft is categorized in various ways under Texas law. The punishment will always depend on the type of property stolen and its value. Regardless, it’s critical to understand what kind of theft crime you’re charged with if you’re facing accusations.
- Property Crimes – Anything including criminal mischief, criminal trespassing, burglary, robbery, or aggravated robbery are all forms of property crimes.
- Theft of Service – Any time a person intentionally avoids paying for services that were performed for compensation is a crime. Avoiding payment can be through intimidation, deception, diversion, or breaking a rental contract.
- Theft of Trade Secrets – This is frequent in business dealings when a person knowingly steals a trade secret, copy of an article, or communicates information without the owner’s consent.
- Unauthorized Use of Vehicle (UUMV) – If a person operates a vehicle without owner consent, it is a theft crime and can include a car, boat, airplane, or other propelled vehicle.
- Appropriation Crimes – This type of crime pertains to instances where an individual uses something without the owner’s consent, with the intention of depriving the owner of its use. It relates to personal property, law enforcement property, and livestock.
Hire a Defense Lawyer for Theft Crimes
At Estrada & Puente, P.L.L.C. in Dallas, TX, we believe in offering every individual the absolute best representation that they deserve as a citizen, regardless of how serious the charges are against them. All people are presumed innocent until proven guilty, and in times of theft, our goal is to see your case through to the end fighting for the best possible outcome. We will use every resource we have. Contact us to discuss your charges today.