Sex Offense Defense Attorneys in Dallas, TX
Being charged with a sex offense is an incredibly serious situation. If found guilty, your life will be forever changed with requirements that can include registration for your crimes wherever you live and extended periods of probation, some of which can last a lifetime. Many employers and industries don’t allow sex offenders to hold specific jobs. With all of these things at risk, working with our team at Estrada & Puente, P.L.L.C. in Dallas, TX is essential to ensure your case has the best possible outcome. Contact us to discuss your sex offense case today.
Misdemeanor and Felony Sex Crimes
Sex crimes are categorized in two ways: misdemeanors and felonies. In either case, they will cause lifelong consequences that can be detrimental to your reputation as well as your ability to live freely. Some convictions require you to register as a sex offender where you live, which is public information. Sex crimes might include sexual assault, aggravated sexual assault, compelling prostitution, voyeurism, and certain types of pornography. Common charges and their penalties include:
- Continuous Sexual Abuse of a Young Child – This is a first-degree felony punishable with 25 to 99 years or life in prison.
- Public Lewdness – A conviction can include jail time and fines for this Class A misdemeanor.
- Indecent Exposure – This is a Class B misdemeanor that can result in jail time and fines.
- Bestiality – Jail or prison time is typical for this state jail felony. However, if it includes serious injury or death of an animal, it is considered a second-degree felony.
- Indecency with a Child – Depending on the circumstances of the case, it is considered a second or third-degree felony, punishable by prison time.
- Improper Relationship Between Educator and Student – This second-degree felony is punishable with prison time.
Make Sure You Have the Right Defenders for Sex Offenses
Who you choose for representation in defense of sex crimes can play a significant role in the outcome. Our experience at Estrada & Puente, P.L.L.C. in Dallas, TX enables us to prepare a proper defense strategy for your case. Whether it’s because the victim gave consent, you simply did not commit the crime, it’s a case of mistaken identity, or your rights were violated, we will fight to ensure the best outcome for your case. Call our offices to discuss your case with our legal team today.