Illegal Reentry and Alien Smuggling Lawyers
There has been a much greater focus on illegal aliens entering the United States from other countries in recent years. This is a significant problem in Texas with our proximity to foreign borders. Not only is it against federal law to enter the country illegally, but it is also a violation of federal law to assist with this process in any way. Even if it is a family member, strict laws and harsh penalties enforce this for those caught aiding illegal reentry or alien smuggling. At Estrada & Puente, P.L.L.C., we offer legal counsel services for anyone facing charges in this area. Our firm is dedicated to representing citizens of our community facing serious charges, and our goal is to fight for the best outcome of your case. Contact our office to learn more today.
Actions Considered Alien Smuggling
Individuals are discouraged from any form of aid, sale, encouragement, or induction of illegal entry into the United States by facing stiff penalties in federal cases if they are caught contributing to any of these things. Several different actions can call for federal charges, such as:
- Smuggling – Bringing or making arrangements to bring illegal aliens into the U.S.
- Transporting – Knowingly facilitating an illegal border crossing with an illegal alien.
- Harboring – Intentionally concealing or harboring an illegal alien.
- Encouraging or Inducing –When employers, family members, or advocates aid or assist illegal alien crossing.
- Hiring – When an employer hires, recruits, or refers a person knowing that they are illegal or continues to employ a person after discovering their illegal status.
Hire a Defense Attorney for Alien Smuggling
Alien smuggling violates federal laws and will often include more than one charge, such as conspiracy, harboring, or transporting illegal aliens into the country. These felonies can result in up to 10 years in prison. If you are not a U.S. citizen and are found guilty of any of these charges, you will most likely be forbidden ever to enter the country again. Any person charged with these crimes needs the knowledge, experience, and guidance of our experienced law firm to navigate the court system and carefully review the options. Contact Estrada & Puente, P.L.L.C. for help today.